Go from dull to fabulous!

Alejandra Gonzalez, Reporter
March 19, 2012
Filed under Life

Have you ever been stuck on what to wear for a day or night out, staring blankly at your closet? Well, look no further! Here are some tips on how to easily dress up your outfit.

Bring out the denim
First, start with your jeans. You dress up your jeans depending on the occasion. If you’re planning on going somewhere with your friends, you can wear ripped jeans with a flowy, girly shirt because it’s casual and fun. If you’re planning on going out at night, maybe out to dinner, you can never go wrong with a nice blazer and some booties to complement your jeans. Lastly, for an evening outfit, you can tone it down with a cardigan and some flats.

Add a splash of color!
When you want to dress more casual then usual, you can wear a graphic t-shirt with some sneakers. If you have a plain shirt and you want to dress it up, you can always add accessories to make it stand out. Don’t over do it, though! A simple necklace, bangles, bag, or belt will do the trick. Akia Andrews, senior ‘12 recommends that if you to wear a shirt that has a lot going on, it wouldn’t be a good idea to wear too many accessories. If your outfit is already colorful and full of designs, then a good pair of earrings or a ring will be just fine. Also, play with your colors. You can always wear a plain black shirt with a bright bag to spice it up.

Shoes make the statement!
Something most King students say is that they hate how uniforms limit their fashion sense. People always think that uniforms don’t let students express themselves through their wardrobe but what you don’t know is, you still can! Something that can make a big statement is your choice of shoes. If you are going for a girly look, flats or sandals are the perfect pick. You have to pick your shoes according to your outfit. You can always wear a fitted sweater on top of your uniform shirt or a scarf to make it look cute.

Buckle up your style!
Also, when wearing a uniform, you can tuck in your shirt and wear a belt. Senior Leslie Gudino advises us that when wearing a belt, you should wear a classy belt that’s not too flashy. Gudino likes to wear thin leather belts that have a design along the buckle. You can also add belts to a longer shirt, or add tights too your outfit for for a different feel.

So, next time you open your closet wondering what to wear during the day that could easily turn into night time fashion, keep these tips in mind.

Comments

2 Responses to “Go from dull to fabulous!”

1. reverse cell phone lookup on October 4th, 2012 3:52 am

I are checking out a whole lot of of your stories and it’s
    pretty nice stuff. I will make sure to bookmark
    your site

[Reply]

2. reverse phone number address on December 13th, 2012 9:03 am

How is it that just anyone can publish a blog and find out as
    popular as this? Its not like youve said something incredibly impressive –more something like youve painted a quite picture above an
    issue that you know nothing about! I dont wish
    to sound mean, right here. On that the other hand do you definitely think
    that it is possible to determine away with adding some quite pictures and
    not really say anything?

[Reply]

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!