Jessica Ng: Silent comedian

Alejandra Gonzalez, Reporter
May 21, 2012
Filed under Lion Showcase

Being quiet does not necessarily mean you are a shy person and it does not define who you are. Although Jessica Ng may not talk a lot,once you do speak to her, you quickly figure out she has a lot to say and has a funny side to her. Besides her being humorous, she is also a person who has big plans for herself in the future.

Generally when you ask people where they see themselves in 5-10 years they respond to you with an unrealistic response or have no idea. But Jessica pictures herself “sitting in a desk in [her] own cubicle.”  In the summer she has planned to go to Hong Kong and Taiwan “I want to go but it’s going to be hot and I’m going to get a heat stroke!”

After her hot summer adventure she will be attending college in San Diego, “ I don’t know what to say besides I’m going to be by the beach.” She will be going in as undeclared but she is considering majoring in Computer Science. Something that makes her lean more into that is that “it has a high starting salary.”

Now that she has had the high school experience she advises the lower class men to “take extra-curricular classes because the school doesn’t give many, and you need them.” She would also like the boys to stay out of trouble “Stop getting the boys bathroom locked up because I can smell the porta potty.”
That will be a memory she will take along with her as her favorite of them all was at “freshmen orientation because Mr. Cunningham was cut throat, he was scary and it was at Stanford so that was a big plus.”

Overall Jessica’s high school experience was a good one. Of course it came with its difficulties from time to time but it was “nice and mellow; mellow like a watermelon.” She is glad to be done with this part of her life but will miss “smelling construction, the beautiful view of the construction, and being jealous of other school campuses.” She said this all sarcastically of course! It’s truly the small school she’s going to miss because of the type of environment it provided for her that gave her comfort.

She wanted to end off by telling us that King has taught her to “work hard and be nice,” all with a big smile.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!